Applications for the core and online programmes closed.
Go here to see what some of last year’s participants said.
Watch the video below for a quick introduction:
CCFL Training will offer two training schemes:
- The core programme – a six month programme running from June to December 2016 which includes residential workshops in the UK and France, virtual consultancy, and access to the online programme.
- 1st residential workshop in Falmouth (UK), four days from 7 – 10 June 2016
2nd residential workshop in Brignogan-Plages and Plounéour-Trez (France), four days from 14 – 17 November 2016
Two virtual consultancy sessions with a script consultant in between the two workshops
- The online programme – a series of online sessions in September and December 2016.
Find the space and support you need to:
– Hone your story idea with expert consultancy and specialist support.
– Explore how technical input in development and production generates more creative, cost-effective and engaging cinema.
– Be inspired by an innovative community of filmmakers and technicians from across Europe.
– Obtain the skills, knowledge and extended networks you need to successfully utilise VFX and/or Stereo 3D technologies in your feature film.
Photo : Brigitte Bouillot
What’s it all about?
Visual effects and Stereo 3D are more commonly associated with high budget films – but there’s potential to do so much more, and we want to help you get there.
So our new training programme, CCFL Training 2016, is designed to help filmmakers working with visual effects and Stereo 3D transform their projects using cutting-edge technology. Supported by Creative Europe, CCFL Training focuses on the development of low to medium budget feature films utilising VFX and Stereo 3D technologies to enhance storytelling and reach new audiences.
A core programme will offer 20 filmmakers, each with early stage feature film projects, the chance to engage in a mix of residential workshops and online seminars, masterclasses and specialist consultancy, and learn more about the intersection of visual technology and screenwriting. A further group of filmmakers will be offered the chance to participate in CCFL Training’s online programme.
Take part in a mix of seminars, masterclasses and workshops, and learn from key experts in the fields of emerging visual technology and screenwriting. Build connections with innovative filmmakers from across Europe. Benefit from virtual consultancy sessions with tech and story consultants. Access the CCFL Training archive and online sessions to deepen the learning and extend your networks.
Leave with a stronger story, a clearer vision, and the knowledge and networks you need to make your film happen.
Why the Cross Channel Film Lab?
The Cross Channel Film Lab aims to develop specialist skills and increase capacity in the fields of narrative, Stereo 3D and VFX. To do this, we are fostering new partnerships across Europe and providing inspiration and education in the use of VFX and Stereo 3D at lower budgets. This new CCFL Training programme offers a unique opportunity to share and advance the learning from the Lab’s development activity with the European filmmaking community. Sessions will focus on the knowledge and infrastructure required for successful low to medium budget films to utilise VFX and Stereo 3D technologies, considering their relationship with narrative, and ways of reaching new audiences.
The Cross Channel Film Lab supports brave, original and imaginative use of visual effects and/or Stereo 3D in low to medium budget feature films that will enliven European storytelling and extend the international audience for European cinema.
To find out more, browse our FAQs.