The Cross Channel Film Lab, supported by Creative Europe, recently called for applications for the second year of its unique story development training programme, designed to help filmmakers working with visual effects and Stereo 3D transform their projects at the writing stage by putting them together with script consultants and visual technology specialists.
For European filmmakers working at low to medium budgets, the CCFL opens up the world of visual effects, computer generated images and Stereo 3D that is usually associated with high-budget Hollywood films, enabling them to explore how new visual technologies can impact on a film’s narrative. CCFL Training offers filmmakers a unique opportunity of working with talented experts, to create exciting new stories and films.
The core programme will give 20 filmmakers with early stage feature film projects the chance to take part in a mix of residential workshops and online seminars, masterclasses and consultancy, and learn more about how visual technology and screenwriting intersect.
Running for six months from June to November 2016, the programme is presented in collaboration with Le Groupe Ouest, Creative England and Falmouth University.
A further group of filmmakers will have the chance to participate in CCFL Training’s online programme later in the year.
The deadline for submissions was 15 March 2016.
For more info, contact: info[at]crosschannelfilmlab.com
100% of CCFL Training’s 2015 participants, from ten countries, said they would recommend the programme. Here are some of their comments:
- “The story development element of the course could work as a standalone scheme!”
- “An extremely interesting and unique training course. It exceeded my high expectations.”
- “My story consultant gave the most insightful development notes that I have
- ever received.”
- “Amazing to have the latest of the latest rigs and extremely knowledgeable experts!”
- “The workshops addressed issues related to the project perfectly, both from a technical as well as a story standpoint.”
- “Great advisors, experts and it has been very, very inspiring to be part of all the seminars and individual project meetings.”
- “… there is a lot to be tested and learned in Stereo 3D which is exciting. Very exciting.”
- “The Lab was a very fruitful environment in which to explore ideas and that, surrounded by cutting-edge technology allowed us to look at conventional approaches in a new light.”
- “CCFL was the most valuable workshop I have ever participated in.”
Antoine Le Bos, Co-director of Le Groupe Ouest, Cross Channel Film Lab Script Consultant and CCFL 2012 – 2014 Project Co-Director, said:
“New technologies with lighter equipment and smaller crews make it possible for filmmakers to do things they couldn’t even think about five years ago. By bringing together accessible technology and filmmakers ready to discover new possibilities, CCFL can be a springboard for European cinema to amaze audiences once more.”
Kate O’Hara, Project Manager, Creative England, said:
“CCFL Training is a low budget feature development lab that brings together story and technology. The programme offers filmmakers the chance to develop both these aspects alongside each other often with surprising and inspiring outcomes. A must for those filmmakers that want to learn how VFX and Stereo 3D can bring their stories to life and a programme we here at Creative England are proud to support”.